RUGBY HOUSE: RECRUITMENT
SENIOR SUBSTANCE MISUSE PRACTITIONER
Salary: NJC SCP 30–34 (£28,403-£31,527
Application deadline 30 January 2009
Based in Herbert Street, London
(rolling rota – no overnights
The Herbert Street Project, based in Kentish town, offers a cutting edge therapeutic and holistic residential alcohol treatment programme for multiple needs clients who wish to maintain abstinence and establish an improved lifestyle in the community. The environment is an intimate, nine bedded registered care home providing a safe container to explore the issues underlying their drinking through 24 hour support and an ethos of creative response.
This is a unique opportunity for a confident, experienced clinician to further develop this initiative by working creatively and intuitively in implementing and expanding the core programme and supporting an eclectic team committed to delivering excellence.
You will need:
· A Diploma in counselling and experience of working in a therapeutic environment
· Experience of one to one counselling, and facilitating therapeutic groupwork
· Ability to respond promptly, appropriately and confidently under pressure
· Experience of working within the substance misuse field.
· Demonstrative experience of service and programme development, monitoring and evaluation.
· Firm commitment to effective team working.
· Experience of staff supervision.
· Experience of managing change and developing Services
This is a full time post at 35 hours per Week.
Salary: NJC SCP 30 – 34 (£28,403 – £31,527) including LW
Closing date for all applications is Friday, 30th January 2009.
All advertised posts are subject to Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure.
Rugby House is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes application from all qualified candidates.