The 5th European Association of Addiction Therapy Conference
5-7 October 2009
Cankarjev Dom Cultural and Congress Centre,
Chairman: Dr Andrej Kastelic
· The EAAT Conference has been developed to create a series of dynamic conferences with a broad spectrum of non-substance dependant and substance-dependant subject material.
· EAAT provides a focus for understanding the scientific medical and social bases of addiction and a discussion forum to further develop relevant therapies throughout
. EAAT also provides a central platform through which information can be disseminated across country and cultural boundaries.
· The EAAT will approach the problem of addiction from many different angles, and foster the evaluation and development of research strategies and treatment programmes.
· EAAT aims to improve our understanding of prevention and treatment of addictive behaviours, with much emphasis on psychopharmacological treatment.
· Over the three days the audience will hear from international contributors on key topics in addiction including Alcohol, Smoking, Cocaine, Non-Substance Related Addiction, Health Professionals & Addiction, Pain Management and Addiction and Drug Testing.
· The poster exhibition regularly attracts more than 40 authors and provides them with the opportunity to present their research to an international audience.
· Social activities including a drinks reception and Speakers' Dinner giving conference delegates the opportunity to meet and discuss issues with key individuals in the field.