WHOLE FAMILY SUPPORT
FOR DRUG- AND ALCOHOL-MISUSING PARENTS
A Community Care conference
with support from the Addiction Recovery Foundation
11 September 2012, London
Professionals working with drug and alcohol misusing parents face the difficulty of engaging not only partner agencies, but substance-misusing parents themselves in treatment and child protection, in the face of increasing stigmatisation and stereotyping. Attend to gain practical insights from experts like District Judge Nicholas Crichton, Inner London Family Proceedings Court.
Please quote DAMATE when booking.
• Learn effective approaches to achieve joint and multi-agency working to provide whole family support and recovery for drug and alcohol misusing parents and to effectively safeguard children and young people
• Discover an approach to early intervention
• Promote positive parenting by involving service users in service development and delivery
• Benefit from approaches to tackle the stigma and stereotyping felt by substance misusing parents
• Engage mental health services in service user recovery
See the full programme.
Chaired by Alison Miller of Community Care Inform, confirmed speakers include:
• Rosanna O’Connor, National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse
• District Judge Nick Crichton, Inner London Family Proceedings Court, Wells St
• Emma Burr, Addaction
• Mandy Craig, Safeguarding Children’s Substance Misuse Service Manager,Sheffield City Council
• Sue Smith, CRI Families, children’s regional manager-London and Eastern CRI
Plus gain updates on pilot projects and payment by results.
For more information and to register, click here or call 020 8652 3887 or email email@example.com – quote booking code DAMATE.