Addiction Today survey: doctors speak out
Of the first 114+ doctors who responded:
- 96.5% are currently treating patients with alcohol problems
- 90.4% have seen patients die from alcohol problems
- 88.6% see these patients presenting with co-occurring mental issues.
- 72.8% treat heavy-drinking patients who also present with tobacco-related problems
- 83.3% see patients with illicit-drug problems.
The Addiction Recovery Foundation – the charity which publishes Addiction Today – commissioned Freedom Corporate Consults to undertake the survey. The full results, and some steps forward, are detailed in the September 2008 issue of Addiction Today journal.
Contact Melissa Gordon on 020-7233 5333 for your copy.